Thursday, March 04, 2010

Trusting and Waiting on God, Actually Means Trusting and Waiting on God

I always say to myself or to others, "Trust in God and He will Guide your Path", "Wait on him and his way will bring you many blessings". But how often do we truly do that? Do we truly Trust God with all we have? Do we truly wait on him to bless us or do we take matters into our own hands. I can say that I am guilty of both. I do trust God, but I also try and do it my way. I feel that maybe it is God leading me, but when the things don't turn out the way I plan, than I realize, was it really God or was I supposed to wait on him and allow him to do what he does best.

I think as a Christian, we believe that no matter what we face that God is on our side, well this is true, but we also have to realize that it can't be only what we want, we have to know that God will only bless us if he feels that it will truly bring us to our knees where we will honor him. I read a verse recently in the bible that talks about Trusting in God. And what it said was that God can only use us in our own weakness, then will his power shine through. Well I look at that as being human, we have so many weaknesses and if we are not following after God, that we fall to those weaknesses. But if we turn to him, then he will always give us a way out of the weakness and a way to be able to stand up against it. Without that, we will fall every single time.

No comments: