Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Prayer Request

My mother called me the other day to ask me if I knew a Sgt. Henry Conde, that works for the NYPD. She thought that maybe I was related to him from my dad's side. She said that Henry Conde had been indicted by the FBI for apparently being involved in obstructing an investigation of another cop.

I told her that I knew I didn't have any cousins named Henry. I thought about it and it hit me, the only Henry Conde that I knew, was the same Henry that Damien, Boobie, Peter, Chris and myself hung out with back in the day and played softball. I thought that it couldn't be him. There was no way. I called Chris, and he said that that Henry fit the description in the paper. It was finally confirmed today when I saw a picture of him in the Daily News on line.

I have known Henry a long time and I can honestly say that he is a good man that would never do anything wrong. He is a man of God and is always looking out for people especially his friends. I lift him up in prayer tonight and ask God to allow him the opportunity to be vindicated of these charges and to restore him to his job. I pray that God is with his family during this ordeal and that he will give them patience and understanding. I ask that anyone that reads this blog would also put him up in prayer. Only God knows the truth and he shall reveal for all to see when this is all over. God Bless Henry and his family.

No comments: