Wednesday, July 18, 2007

God's Way

I have to admit that the title of this blog was not hard to figure out. God's Way? Yes his way, his timing, his plan.

As I look back upon the last year, I can't help but feel amazed at what God has done for Lina, Christopher and myself. Last April, Lina and I were contemplating a move to Florida and not even knowing if it would be a successful one, but we prayed on it and left it in God's hands. Whatever he chose for us we would do, even if it meant staying in New York. It was his way.
As I look back and see what we have accomplished in a short time and what prayers he has answered, I just sit in awe of his faithfulness and love to us. We are just ordinary people, who are not perfect but just put him first in everything. It's like the blessings keep coming even in the rough times.

As I look back at the last 4 months, I realize that I am not in control of our destiny, he is. When I lost my job in March, I was too ashamed to even say to anyone what had happened, fearing the ridicule of my error in moving out of our comfort zone in New York. But as I look back at the last 4 months at what he has done since, my shame turns into thankfulness that we serve a God that loves us and just wants us to be happy. That will give us what our heart desires because we love him so much.

As I look back at the last 4 months, I can not help but look forward at the next 4 months, wondering what miracle will God do next in our lives. He has done so much to this point that I feel ashamed in even asking for anything else. So I leave our lives in his hands and just put my requests in prayer and if it is God's Way, his timing, his plan, then it will come to pass.
We love you Lord!!!
We thank you for everything we have.

My Photos of Paradise:
Sunset at Ft Myers Beach, Summer 2007




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God says in Heb. 13:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you". He also says in his word that He loves you and will direct your steps (Prov 3:5-6.)God has made a promise to us that He will supply all our needs (Phil 4:19),all we need to do is cast our cares on Him. You have done that! God also says in Gal 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." DO NOT GIVE UP! Seek the kingdom of God first and your needs will be met. Your harvest is coming and coming big! God is good! You are in my prayers!... Love ya Willie