Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My Lil Buddy

It has been a while since I have written anything about Christopher. In a nut shell, he is amazing. He is funny, silly, adorable, getting so big, and so many other wonderful things that I can sit here and write about him for hours. He is more than I could have imagine. I am in awe of how fast he is growing up, how smart he is and how is words are starting to come out more and more clearer each day. And the best part is that he has finally picked up baseball. Yeah I know he is only 2 1/2 years old, but I thought if he could just pick up the gist of the game, then I could take my time and teach it to him slowly. But from one day to the next, he picked up a bat and finally listened to me, as I showed him how to hold the bat and swing. He still has an awkward swing, but I can work with that. But he hits the ball very well and throws really hard. I am estactic that I have a little boy that wants to do everything that his daddy does. He amazes me and makes me so happy and proud to be his dad. From day 1 I said that being a dad was the greatest gift from God, and I can honestly say it just keeps getting better. There isn't a day that goes by that I run home from work just to see his face and watch how excited he gets when he sees mine. I am sure I can find a million things to do outside of my home chores, but spending time with him is priceless, either watching his favorite shows on TV or DVD, playing with his cars and trains, reading him a book, sharing a slice of pizza with him (since that is his favorite food) or just going down by the beach and watching him run around in the same and having a ball. These are things that I would never trade for anything. What it feels like to be a dad, I think I just described it. It is awesome, it is wonderful and you never want it to end.

Each day I thank the Lord for bring Christopher into our lives, it has changed us, but a change that I will never regret.

No comments: